Monday, February 21, 2011

Love is dead. Now let's look at pretty things

Perfect.

Finally, Christopher Bailey did something right. After the tragedy that was the ss/11 show, I nearly lost faith in Bailey's ability to create beautiful things under the Burberry Prorsum label. The show was a pleasant surprise to wake up to this morning; marvellous music choice, beautiful colour scheme, splendid collection. I actually enjoyed watching the show.

When the first piece went down the runway, I knew all was to go well. Burberry captured a 1960's vibe for the fall/winter collection - very fresh but true to the label. Lick-able. I liked to see the variation in colours, tones and textures used this time. There was also a play on silhouette (flared pants with oversized tailored coat). The collection was conclusively very cohesive. I have to say that my favourites were the tangerine coats, white with black bow pieces, and fur trench coats. The most darling part of the show was the finale: falling snow and transparent, trimmed rain capes, mmmm!

Here are a couple shots of the orgasmic tangerine used in the collection. Photos aren't quite up on style.com yet.. but I'll be sure to post something about them later.



No comments: