Monday, March 14, 2011

It's fucking Over, Not a Relationship





I envision this dress being warn around the pool/house on a hot summer day. Love the colour of this tule, and these bags could not get any cooler, they're like little Jube Jubes used to carry your equally delicious belongings. 
___________________________

I can proudly say that my current relationship with my wardrobe is quite favourable. My classics build the body and my vintage builds the limbs of a very strong, almost omnipotent being. It's not a perfect relationship - we have our ups and downs - yet together we fight through rainy days, always coming out to blue skies. 

Okay, kidding. 

I published a post a couple days ago about relationships and our tendency (which should not be one, so stop it!) to carry learned habits from partnership to partnership. Looking back, I think that my mind set surrounded the idea that we take from our relations fairly conscious lessons i.e don't ask this then, or don't stop there, but here. What I failed to recognize in myself is that from my past relationships I have drawn significant subconscious boundaries. It is because of them that I have created an extensive list (hypothetically, obviously) of expectations - these, although at times having to do with the other person, tend to focus on the relationship as a whole be this good and bad. Because a past 'venture' has gone bad, a part of me expects the next to go badly in the same way. I always have my guard down, trusting people too much at times, but never losing sight of that which I have felt in the past. I've trained myself to have bad relationships because the first triumphed so brutally over the rest.
In all the fucking overs you would think that I would lose hope. You might assume that I would blame myself (which I did for quite some time). You would think that I just fail at being a good partner. 
I think that it takes all the fuckings and overs and relationships that we must never talk about again for us to fully know how to love someone else. 
A partnership is that which allows you to live independently together sharing your similarities and learning about your differences - I think that this is what I want... not some shoddy relationship. 

No comments: