Friday, April 22, 2011

Fresh Air, True Love, and Cocktails




_________________________________

Canada, mother nature and I are not on good terms right now. Since when should it still be snowing in late April? Needless to say, I'm in dire need of fresh air

~

A little while ago I was 'reminded' of my changing ideals. "As you grow older, your needs change. You come to want different things. I wouldn't want you to be stuck." When it comes to partnership, I think that this is an important thing to consider. Yes, I can say that I was a completely different person a year ago with different necessities, different ideals, a different perspective. What I have come to think is that we need to find partners that will enhance our changing selves. The person who can embrace the change, and ultimately grow with you is the one who we should all be looking for. It is not how we change - it isn't as if each partner has one thing and only that one thing to offer - it is how we grow together. The trick is finding someone who will hold your hand through everything, but who also needs your hand in return. It's a big adventure, yes, but we must learn not to approach true love as if it is built of a brick wall. 

No comments: