Sunday, December 4, 2011





__________________________
Pastel love is the best kind. 
~
Karl said, “Personality begins where comparison ends.”

I like this. In fact I've been thinking a lot lately about how people perceive each other.
In our minds even if we don't have a firm grasp on self-hood we know who we are. We
have an understanding of our capabilities and short comings. We can look ourselves in 
the mirror and say that we are the same person today as we were yesterday because we, 
I am convinced, understand an uninterrupted progression of our own lives.
We are quick to judge our own faults but in actuality never recognize
how much we have changed until someone blatantly plants that image 
like a seed at our feet. 

So wrapped up in our own thoughts we sometimes wouldn't  even recognize our 
own reflections. I think that we can only become our best selves by consciously knowing our worst. 

Business and blogging and fashion and lifestyle have become so attentively
branded. It seems that to survive happily in the world we need to grow from
a state of uncertainty, blossoming into ourselves - baby powdered and fresh.

The previous chapter of my blogging experience was very much about
recognizing the nature of happily ever after and how it is
a complex construction of impossible ideals. I explored the idea that
we need to build our own sense of happiness reliant on no one else but ourselves.
In this next series I want to talk about Distinction - essentially finding and defining ourselves
in a brutally comparative world. Join me...

Chapter Three: Clarity 

No comments: