Saturday, May 7, 2011

Afraid of the Dark


Overcoming fear is a terrifying thing. 
I sometimes find that the longer we leave it the more difficult it becomes to deal with. There will come a day, a moment even, when we realize that the only way is up - with nothing to lose we must climb. 
~
I visited the Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met this past week and was completely blown away. Romanticism, sweet and tragic, the intrigue of death,  the great construction, craft and magic of Lee's designs took my breath away and I'll confess brought me to tears. It's incredible to believe that one man, of so much talent and curiosity, understanding of life and human beings and nature, of the female body and of such forward thinking (backward) could have created such awe. It's not about fashion, it's about thought through the mind of a genius, and artist, and thinker. It was the world through his eyes 
where beauty was drawn in the sincere 'ugliness,' reality, and savageness of things. 
Words cannot express how incredible this exhibit was. 
Savage Beauty was great to see such a beautiful celebration of his work and such an turned out to be an unexpected opportunity to be deeply inspired. 

I left deep in thought under the rainy leaves of Central Park. My favourite. 
~
It's funny how somethings so little can wake you from your personal slumber. 

P.s Kate Middleton's Alexander McQueen wedding gown choice (designed by Sarah Burton) made me the happiest girl in the world. 

I hope your worlds are filled with love and adventure and delicious food. 

No comments: