Tuesday, June 8, 2010

catch up

So I have failed a little on my promise to post often. I have just been so busy with school and life in the city. Basically, I have been hard at work designing and learning and going to shows. We had a draping class last week which was a little more difficult than one would think. I found that I was better at the draping part than the technical, lets make a pattern part. But that's okay! Because I'm here to learn right. The first photo will explain this experience a little bit. One would notice that only one half of the dress is complete. Don't be alarmed, I am not skilled enough yet to complete a mirror image on the opposite side/ I was too lazy to finish it. Then my friend, Jon, came down from Canada for the weekend which was wonderful! We went to a Stars concert in Brooklyn, explored the city a bit, spent time in central park and ate amazing food. Also went to the Moma to see some lovely photographs. OH and speaking of amazing, I went to an Oscar de le Renta resort 2011 show with my class and boy was it incredible. Not only were the dresses absolutely beautiful, but I got to see Anna Wintour and the girls from Vogue and Teen Vogue! So exciting. I posted my favourite pieces from the collection below. That's right, I was so there. Enjoy lovelies!

xoxo












1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your blog dude! That show was so amazing, I am still in awe that we got to go. You forgot to mention how the big massive camera panned to right where we were when we turned around- ahh!